Fall President’s Challenge
the Presidents Challenge, which will be due at the September meeting is going to be a mortar and pestle.
Richard Pikul was kind enough to do a bit of research and history – here are the links:
Mortar and pestle AND more Mortar and Pestle
This Presidents Challenge is open, you can use any wood, make it any size …. And hopefully you’re good enough chefs that you will be able to use this in your home – no give-aways this time, you get to take it home.
Next General Meeting:
June 13th 2019
This is our Annual General Meeting
There some changes to the constitution and by-laws that will be voted on, as well as,
elections for the executive.
Please review the agenda
Michael Sbrocca will be our demonstrator, hs work can be seen here
Next Skills Night meeting:May 23rd 2019
For this last skills of the year it’s time for something different.
Bring in your problems for discussion and resolution, remember to bring the tool(s), wood or other items for the problem you need help with.
Here are some examples of problems/questions you might have:
- what am I doing wrong when I try to sharpen this tool?
- a tool that is sharp and won't cut
- a tool that is sharp but I don't know how to use it on a project
- what can I make with this piece of wood? (bring the piece of wood)
- I made this piece and don't know why it does not look right
- I made this piece and would like to make the next one better
- I want to make a ... (insert project here), what tools should I use?
- I want to make a ... (insert project here), what are the basic turning steps?
Some finishing question examples:
- What is sanding sealer? When is it used, and are there alternatives?
- How to choose the right finish (friction polish, oil, shellac, wax, a combination etc.)?
Send ideas for this or any future skills night to: Richard
Click on "Techniques" for all skills night projects
turningtool.co.uk now hosted by WGO.ca
This site was built by Brian Clifford over many years and features many articles, plans and videos that are of interest to novice and advanced woodturners alike. Brian has decided to retire and was going to allow the site to lapse; however, the WGO has agreed to host it on his behalf to ensure this great resource continues to be available. Please have browse and enjoy it here
General 160-2 lathe for sale
Apr. 4 2019
Newlove Estate Items for Sale
Articles on Dust Control
For Sale: Dust Collector Parts
WGO on Instagram
Send pictures to be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Rollings Lathe Psalm
Jan. 18, 2018
Society of Canadian Woodworkers
Web site for the SCW
Web site includes a chat forum.
Ongoing project. Plans (here) Make one or a dozen. . .Read More...
Robin has graciously supplied instructions which can be found here